Register. Make a Plan. Vote.
We're making it easy for you to vote
Each of us has a voice and contributes to the fabric of our communities and our country.
Enter your address below to check your registration status, request a mail-in ballot, find your early voting location and make a plan to ensure your vote is counted!
From the Great Lakes to the Gulf Coast, from big cities to suburbs to small towns, we must use our voices and our votes to create an America where everyone counts and can thrive in a healthy environment.
To this end, IEC is making it as easy as possible to exercise your right to vote. Here you’ll find all the information you need to make and execute your plan to vote. In this election, we can either take the bait and fall into cynicism and division or we can all vote, knowing the will of the people is represented in the outcome.
Though it may take time because of COVID-19 to ensure every vote is counted, we know we can count on each other to cast our ballots by mail, to be early voters, to work at the polls, and to raise our voices to swear in leaders elected by and for us.
Know Your Rights & Stay Safe
You have the right to…
- Cast your ballot in a non-disruptive atmosphere free of interference.
- Vote if you are in line by 7:00 PM.
- Vote by provisional ballot if your registration is challenged, or there is no record of your registration.
- Vote at your old polling place if you have moved within 30 days of the election.
- Request Assistance while voting, if needed.
- Bring newspaper endorsements or sample ballots into the voting booth.
- Protect the secrecy of your ballot.
- Review your ballot to ensure it is complete and accurate and correct your vote if there is a mistake or you change your mind.
- Have your ballot counted fairly and impartially.
- Bring your child into the voting booth with you.
- Register to vote in the same day during grace period and early voting.
- Register to vote online.
Thank you to Chicago Votes for assembling this list. Click to view their entire Vote Center.