It's election season in Illinois!
Register. Make a Plan. Vote.
The primary election coming up on Jun. 28 is critically important for our environment and our communities.
Each of us has a voice and contributes to the fabric of our communities and our country.
Know Your Rights
You have the right to…
- Cast your ballot in a non-disruptive atmosphere free of interference.
- Vote if you are in line by 7:00 PM.
- Vote by provisional ballot if your registration is challenged, or there is no record of your registration.
- Vote at your old polling place if you have moved within 30 days of the election.
- Request Assistance while voting, if needed.
- Bring newspaper endorsements or sample ballots into the voting booth.
- Protect the secrecy of your ballot.
- Review your ballot to ensure it is complete and accurate and correct your vote if there is a mistake or you change your mind.
- Have your ballot counted fairly and impartially.
- Bring your child into the voting booth with you.
- Register to vote in the same day during grace period and early voting.
- Register to vote online.
Thank you to Chicago Votes for assembling this list. Click to view their entire Vote Center and for a more in depth look at some of the most important races on the ballot.