September 18, 2017
MEMBERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Illinois Environmental Council Education Fund (IECEF) seeks a self-motivated individual to oversee the organization’s member database, manage the Springfield office, and assist with fundraising and development tasks.
This position will be located in Springfield, IL. The position is full time during business hours, but part time/flexible hours may be available for the right candidate.
The Illinois Environmental Council Education Fund (IECEF) and its affiliate the Illinois Environmental Council (IEC) are 42 year-old organizations that promote sound environmental laws and policies, provide a forum for environmentalists and facilitate a statewide activist network. IECEF engages in legislative monitoring and analysis; outreach, organizing and coalition building; and communication and education. IEC performs legislative advocacy and serves as the environmental community’s eyes, ears and voice in Springfield.
- Manage Springfield office, including answering phones, opening mail, ordering supplies and other tasks as assigned
- Oversee entry of data into donor and e-mail database system. Maintain database for accuracy
- Processing and data entry of all incoming membership mail, contributions (membership and general gifts), and address updates
- Produce regular membership renewal mailings, appeal letters, and thank you letters
- Communicate with Board finance committee about financial position of organization and grant applications
- Track grant deadlines and oversee grant application and reporting
- Research new donors and foundations.
- The ideal candidate will have three years of relevant work experience and possess the following qualifications:
- Prior use of a donor and e-mail database system, experience with Salsa Labs CRM highly desired.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with diverse groups and people
- Highly organized
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work independently
- Interest in environmental issues and policies
- Understanding of financial statement
This is a full-time permanent position located in Springfield, Illinois. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, a 401(k) plan, and vacation. Salary range begins at $35,000.
Applications must be received by October 15, 2017.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume and salary requirements to:
Jennifer Walling, Executive Director
By e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct all questions to Jennifer Walling via e-mail.
IEC/IECEF is an equal opportunity employer.